Saturday, August 20, 2011

To Price a Soul

Mark 8:37
    “Or what will [or “can” NIV] a man give in exchange for his soul?”

    I think what Jesus was trying to impress with this rhetorical question is that our souls are priceless. There is nothing this world can offer that is more precious to us. And there is nothing more vital to our salvation than the purity and wholeness of our souls.
    “If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.” Matthew 5:29 (NIV)
    I want to conquer each day, living for the Kingdom of God. The most selfish thing I could do as a Christian is be sure of my salvation and let those around me remain lost forever.
    I need to be concerned for unsaved souls and be willing to sacrifice my time in order to proclaim the good word to them.

1 comment: