Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rely Upon the Spirit

Acts 8:35
    “Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this scripture, preached Jesus to him.”
    NKJV

    Philip answered the question truthfully. He didn’t have to fight the topic so he could maneuver his way into speaking about Jesus. God had already provided that, so all he had to do was be honest.
    I highly doubt he had his Jesus-is-Christ speech already outlined in his head. He didn’t even know he’d be evangelizing when he left home that day. He simply trusted the Spirit to guide him though life.
    Do I have that kind of trust?
    Would I get up and leave my home with no explanation?
    Would I leap past the bounds of my comfort zone and run up to some random car?
    And, most importantly, after going that far, would I trust the Holy Spirit to guide the conversation for His glory?
    Too often when I try to explain biblical things to people, I let my mind race with arguments distracting me from what the other person is saying.
    I need to learn to listen unbiasedly and trust on the Lord to give me the words to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment