Sunday, August 28, 2011

Staying Focused and Praying

Romans 12:12
    “rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer,” NKJV

    I often lose sight of the great joy we should have always because of what our future with Jesus will be, and how insignificant He made our past mistakes. It is easy for me to get caught up in the world and the fact that Jesus (Who is God!) died for us became just that--a fact. The fact that I’m going to heaven does the same. It’s like God gave me a passport, and like my real passport I know it will get me somewhere someday. Like my real passport, it’s tucked away in some crevice. Not quite forgotten but not on my mind either.
    As far as patient in tribulation and continuing steadfastly in prayer goes, I’m patient up ‘til the point when I utter a quick prayer, then I’m too busy worrying about whether I think God will answer to be waiting patiently.
    But what can man change in his own heart?
    I am going to schedule out a time in my day to pray alone about the state of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment