Saturday, August 13, 2011

God Will Overcome

Acts 12:6
    “And when Herod was about to bring him out, that night Peter was sleeping, bound with two chains between two soldiers; and the guards before the door were keeping the prison.” NKJV

    It is interesting to me that Peter was so heavily guarded. It sounds as if there were sixteen guards between him and the exit--at the very least two of them devoted to guarding him alone. Why did they perceive him as such a great threat? Did Peter look threatening? Had they heard stories of Christians escaping and expected some sort of resistance?
    Whatever it was, God again proved Himself more powerful. Perhaps God set this up to happen so that believers and non believers would be amazed when he overcame.
    When nightfall hits me and I think that God has abandoned me, I need to recall this passage.
    God didn’t save Peter from being arrested. If it had been his time, God wouldn’t have saved him from persecution and death. But did God abandon Peter?
    Certainly not. There might have been times that Peter felt like he had been abandoned, but the reality of it is that God is with us always.
    I should rejoice in my struggles because someday they may bring glory to God, as Peter’s did.

No comments:

Post a Comment