Saturday, September 10, 2011

God's Love Everlasting

Ephesians 4:30
    “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.” NKJV

    Grieve: to cause to suffer

    How great is God’s love for us that our disobedience causes His eternal heart to ache. Truly He is a loving Master to care so much about the actions of His selfish and lowly servant.
    John 3:16 “For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son and whomsoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” I’ve heard this verse so many times it is stale to my heart. Christ died to save a broken world. But do I realize that every time I am disobedient and stubborn I am still causing Him to suffer?
    How dare I pity myself when the people of this world grieve me, when God has felt that hurt and anger since the dawn of time!
    The Spirit has written our names in the book of life. How can we feel anything but an overwhelming gratitude and a will to spend a life working to repay in whatever small ways we can?
    Application:
    When I want to complain, even in my mind, I need to remember all the Lord, my King, has done for me. These things that plague me are nothing in comparison. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment