Sunday, September 25, 2011

God and us

Isaiah 55:8
    “’For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    Nor are your ways My ways,’ says the Lord.” NKJV

    How often do I try to fit my God into some pre-conceived mold? I’ve heard the argument of “Why would God give me a logic and understanding that cannot comprehend all things?” and I regret that sometimes I take that to heart.
    That is a good question though. God made us in His image, why don’t we think like Him?
    I think for a person who doesn’t believe in spiritual warfare, this question would be very difficult to answer.
    Satan’s strongest device is to work behind the scenes. He loves it when we don’t believe he exists because the traps we don’t see are the ones that break our legs.
    The biggest gap of our plans and thoughts and God’s is due to minds corrupted by sin.
    It also has to do with the fact that we are separate entities than God. God is in us, but we are not God--or even part God. This may seem obvious but here is what that clarifies:
    *God made my unique spirit/soul
    *I may be made in God’s image, but I am no more God than a drawing of me is actually me
    *I am independent from God in thought, actions, and beliefs unless I choose to be dependent
    *I can grow to reflect Him more, but I grow by giving up my thoughts and desires for the ones He reveals to me.

    I should be careful to never impose my ideas on who I think God is.
    This verse also brings to mind another truth. Thoughts given to me from God should stick out. They should be recognizable as something I wouldn’t normally consider.
    Application:
    I will seek God’s will for me today in everything I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment