Friday, October 28, 2011

Pray without a Doubt

James 1:7-8    Santiago 1:7-8
    “Quien es así no piense que va a recibir cosa alguna del Señor, es indeciso e inconstante en todo lo que hace.” NVI
    “For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” NKJV

    It is better to not believe at all than to doubt. Jesus said with only a mustard seed of faith we could move mountains and yet how often do I lack even that? I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before but I’ve never really struggled with the concept of God’s sovereignty and power. I know He is fully capable of answering any prayer, I just doubt that He would answer one for me.
    This is an all or nothing verse. I need to either pray for something I am confident is in his will or don’t bother praying at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment