Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Marks of a Christian

Psalm 23:6
    “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    All the days of my life;
    And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” NKJV

    What does it mean to have a state of being follow you? If hatred and malice follow the footsteps of a man, is it not that man who leaves such turmoil in his wake?
    Likewise, if someone leaves goodness and mercy in the hearts of those he passes all the days of his life, is that not a mark of God? For who can reach such perfection apart from God?
    I don’t know if this is correct or not, but I read the second half of this verse as “And then I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
    To me this verse looks like the mark of a believer on the earth--to leave God’s goodness and mercy on every heart within his path--and the mark of a believer after death--to spend eternity with our creator.
    Application:
    Today especially and hopefully everyday hereafter, I want to leave people with the feeling and peace of mercy and goodness. When I leave a room, I want it to remember my passing with joy and not resentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment