Friday, October 28, 2011

Various Trials

James 1:2    Santiago 1:2
    “Hermanos míos, considérense muy dichosos cuando tegan que enfrentarse con diversas pruebas.” NVI
    “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials.” NKJV
    Various trials. Maybe that means something like a house full of ants, no seat belts in a van, and being constantly told how dangerous this place is and then having everyone stare at you wherever you go.
    Maybe it means things like being able to take a shower faster than you can brush your teeth, or not being able to flush the toilet paper--or not having toilet paper at all--or not being able to use the tap water for anything.
    I’m not complaining or anything. These things are all very small in perspective and in a month I probably won’t even think of them. But still, I need to remember to count them as joy, because if I cannot count these little things this way what will I do in a month when I’m really sick or we have giant spiders, or it’s over a hundred degrees? Will I be able to count these as joy if I can’t even handle a few miniscule ants on my bible? (No joke, the ants really are on my bible right now. And on my computer. And on me.)
    I need to consider the little things and the big as joyous, so that my patience may profit through perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment