Friday, October 28, 2011

Open-minded

James 1:1    Santiago 1:1

    “Santiago, siervo de Dios y del Señor Jesucristo, a las doce tribas que se hallan dispersas por el mundo:
    Saludos.”  NVI

    “James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ
    To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad:
    Greetings.” NKJV

    At first this greeting doesn’t seem like anything special. Most of us probably already know what a bondservant is and the rest implies he is writing to all of the Jews.
    What I didn’t know before is that the person proclaiming here to be a willing slave of Christ Jesus was Jesus’ half-brother. Someone who used to mock Jesus for his claim as Christ. Apparently it wasn’t until after the resurrection that James and Jude believed in Him
    Application:
    Sometimes I unwittingly mock or doubt what my family or close friends tell me. And while I know none of them are Christ, as Jesus was, they have Christ in them and He could--after all--be speaking into them or showing them something I cannot see. I need to keep a more open mind about such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment