Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Transgressors of the Law

James 2:10-11    Santiago 2:10-11
    “Porque el que cumple con toda la ley pero falla en un solo punto ya es culpable de haberla quebrantado toda. Pues el que dijo: «No cometas adulterio», también dijo: «No mates.» Si no cometes adulterio, pero matas, ya has violado la ley.” NVI
    “For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.” NKJV

    I just finished reading Leviticus today. The law is extensive and very precise. In theory it seems doable but the more I read the more I knew no one would be able to hold up to that standard for long. That was where the sacrifices came in.
    Now, the true sacrifice has been made and the law was fulfilled. You would think it would be easier now to obey the law the gives liberty. But at least in my life, I’ve found it impossible to obey it for long as well. We’re freed from the almost ritualistic and overbearing part of the law and given two simple commands--Love God, and Love your Neighbor--and yet we still cannot live up to that standard.
    Long biblical story short, we are all sinners in need of redemption. I wish to bring glory to the name which saved my life. For now the most practical way I can think to do that is to write another newsletter of the work being done here--one that is long overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment