Friday, July 22, 2011

Acts 2:44

Acts 2:44
    “Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common.” NKJV

    The church was together and, in Christ, they shared similar interests, goals, fears and experiences. Furthermore, they live by the same doctrine and have the same morals. They believed the same things about the future and their purposes in life. They all believed the same things about death. Most importantly, they all believed in Christ.

    When I think about it, Christians really should have all things in commons. Now I’m not talking about which animal they think is the cutest or what the best way to cut your hair is, but the life determining things.
    What is the Christian’s goal?
    To live for Jesus, and go where he sends.
    What does a Christian fear?
    Temptation, the evil one, and what will happen to the un-won souls.
    How does a Christian love?
    Unconditionally, as Jesus did, to the best of our ability.
    And the list can go on. Obviously sometimes we as Christians fall below the mark when it comes to these things, but in general, because of Christ we are of the same mindset.
    Furthermore, we are of the same background. Once we were lost and now we are found. Once we were trapped in our sin, now we are free.
    The application I bring from this is that I first need to realized and continue to treat other Christians as brothers, at all times because we are all sons and daughters of Christ. I should not accuse, judge or argue among my fellow Christians, but do everything in my power to bring friendship and peace.
    Second, I need to keep my heart focused on what God’s heart is on, and not the things of this flesh. I should not let my heart get caught in worldly passions and plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment