Friday, July 22, 2011

Acts 2:43

Acts 2:43
    “Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.”

    At this time people were amazed and afraid of what was happening. In the midst of this turmoil God used the apostles in order to show his power and presence within the new church.

    God often uses moments of fear for great things. In the midst of challenges is often where I see God the clearest, because that is when I am really paying attention.
    When I am complacent I often lose sight of who holds my life. But when I am terrified, knowing that Christ is with me is the only thing that keeps me going.
    I believe that many wonders and signs were given at this time because of the fear, because everyone was paying attention.
    As an application to my life I would just say that I need to remember more often that God uses scary moments for our good. Also that it is alright to be afraid. In fact, more than likely it will cause me to grow as God helps me through it. Therefore I shouldn’t be afraid to go into scary situations for the Lord’s sake. Because if he wants me there, he will get me through it and there just might be fireworks along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment