Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Mind to Work

Nehemiah 4:6    Nehemías 4:6
    "Continuamos con la reconstrucción y levantamos la muralla hasta media altura, pues el pueblo trabajó con entusiasmo."
    "So we built the wall, and the entire wall was joined together up to half its height, for the people had a mind to work."

    What does it mean to have a mind to work? Does it mean that their minds were focused on the work? Or, perhaps, their minds were prepared for the work, and with one accord had a goal in mind for freedom from oppression. The NVI says the people "trabajó con entusiasmo--worked with enthusiasm".
    They didn't see the work as labor, they saw it as a way to freedom--a way to a better life.
    It should be the same for us. All to often I see the wall under construction and not the city being built. I see the labor in front of me, instead of my eternal destiny. No matter how small or large the task, we, as Christians, should have a mind to work as the Jews of Nehemiah's day did. Because no matter what the task is, if we are doing it for the Lord, we are building our place in heaven.
    Today, I'm going to set my mind to heaven as I work, contemplating the finish line and not the work still to be done before it.

No comments:

Post a Comment